Najarian Serene Lakes Cabin Information
Cabin Address: 5142 Allen Dr., Soda Springs, CA 95728
Cabin Phone No. (530) 426-3489
“Donner Spitz 103” snow plowing sign on tree in front of cabin.
Owners: Karen & Richard Najarian, 14 Dickson Lane, Martinez, CA 94553
Home Phone No. (925) 229-8133
Cabin Description: 2 stories plus loft, decks front & rear, parking for 3 cars in driveway, street parking OK May until Nov. 1st.
1st Floor: Dorm Room: 2 doubles, 2 twins, 2 dressers, closet
Bedroom: 1 double, dresser, closet
1 Bathroom: shower/tub, sink & toilet
1 laundry room
Firewood outside back door
2nd Floor: Living room: Couch, love seat, 2 upholstered chairs, coffee table, end
table, TV, VCR, wood stove, all in a Country French decor.
Dining Area: Table & benches & chairs for 10-12
Kitchen: oven, stove, fridge, pots, pans, etc., small, efficient, service for 12
1 Bedroom: 1 Queen, dresser, closet
1 Bathroom: shower/tub, sink & toilet
Loft: Overlooks the living room: 3 twins, 1 full size bed.
Amenities: Wood stove & electric heat, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, mixer, blender, coffee maker, coffee grinder, cable TV & VCR, telephone & answering machine (No long distance calls available. Use your calling card or cell.), disc player washer/drier, BBQ on front deck, canoe on lakeshore (accessible in summer).
Bring: Sheets (1 Queen, 4 Full Size, 5 Twins) or sleeping bags, pillowcases, washcloths & towels, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, personal gear, food, sports stuff, love of the mountains, and a KEY ! Plan your food & supplies with care to produce the least amount of garbage. Only 1 garbage can.
In your car: carry chains that fit your tires, a flashlight, a blanket, food, water, a SHOVEL (you may need it to dig out the snow tunnel a bit), & at least a 1/2 tank of gas in your car's gas tank.
Requests & Helps:
* Wood stove Safety:
Inform kids that the wood stove is hot & keep an eye on them.
Cool hot ashes in one of the metal pots on the hearth. Keep pots on the hearth.
A hot pot will melt the carpet.
Dispose of cool ashes in the outside garbage can, not on the dirt.
Do not chop kindling on the hearth. It will crack. More kindling in laundry room.
Chop wood, if necessary, outside the downstairs back door.
More wood outside the 1st floor back door.
See note on top of hearth for wood stove pointers.
*Trash: Carefully plan your food and suplies before your trip to produce the least amount of trash. We have 1 can. Burn paper, take home recyclables or place them out by the trash in special blue bags purchased in Truckee, limit volume of garbage. Pick up is early Mon. morning. Place can & blue bags by the road Sunday.
* Loft Safety: no rough play. Be careful of the stair hole & railings.
* Electricity Conservation: If you're not using the downstairs, or even if you'll be gone for the day, turn the breakers off to these heaters: “Dorm Heaters”, “Bedroom Heaters” & “Hall Heaters”. The breaker box is located on the dorm room wall by the front door. This helps us to keep our expenses & rents down. Electric heat is very expensive.
* Plumbing Emergencies: call owners &/or Charlie Howtz 426-3307.
* Sleds, saucers, & shovels: Please make sure they are brought in every time you come in. Otherwise, they get covered with snow & lost `til June or July. Kids forget. Please remind them.
* Snow Safety:
1. Never allow children to play in heavy snow without supervision.
2. Snow accumulation creates deep pockets near the sides of any structure
or trees. Do not allow anyone to play, climb, or walk near the sides of
any building. Dangerous!
3. Look up. Be aware of where you stand or walk & stay away from areas that
shed snow, including trees, roofs, overhangs & garages.
4. Stay far away from plows. They can't always see you or your kids.
5. Do not allow kids to play on or dig into the snow banks. The plows can't see them.
* Snow Removal & Parking:
1. Parking space must be carved out up here & is limited. Park only in our
driveway or designated areas. Any vehicle parked on the street will be
towed by the county at the owner's expense.
2. Driveways are plowed only when the snow is over 6 inches deep.
3. Removal of snow from vehicles is the owner's responsibility.
4. Roads are plowed by the county.
5. Our driveway plow service is not obligated to remove any berms left by the county plows. Shovels are kept in the laundry room. Please return them there.
6. During extreme conditions, the plow operators may be ordered by the county not to plow or may elect not to plow. This is extremely rare.
When Vacating the Cabin to Return Home:
1. Clean it so that you leave it like you found it. Vacuum, clean sinks & counters, bathrooms, floors, etc. See checklist on side of fridge.
2. Turn off room heaters at the breaker box located on inside dorm door wall.
3. Empty all the waste baskets, put the trash can out by the road. Collection time is early Monday morning.
4. Leave keys on top of upstairs bathroom mirror.
5. Turn off lights and appliances. Close & lock windows & doors. Tug on the doors to make sure they're locked (they stick as the snow-load shifts the house).
6. Take some Mountain Spirit home with you & leave a little bit of your heart.
Rates: $500. for the first 2 nights and $200. per night after that except during holiday periods. (Add an additional 10% hotel tax.) During Holiday Periods the rate is $2500. per week (includes 10% hotel tax). Give me a call & let's talk: 925-229-8133.
Reservation & Cancellation Policy:
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total rental cost is required to reserve your vacation time at the time the reservation is made. The balance is due 30 days before your reserved time. No refunds 30 days or less before your trip, unless I-80 is closed for your arrival date.
Discover the Soul of the Sierra